On Wednesday, TMZ released an exclusive report revealing a civil lawsuit has been filed against Kansas City Chiefs’ wide receiver Rashee Rice by Dacoda Jones — Rice’s “longtime partner and mother of his children” — alleging abuse, specifically from December 2023 to July 2025.
Jones — who has two children with Rice — says she was also subject to “other violent and abusive behaviors,” which included the Chiefs’ wideout throwing things at her, “punching walls, and breaking furniture.”
Jones claims the abuse caused “bleeding, swelling, bruising, and other pain and physical injury to her neck, face, mouth, arms, legs, chest, and shoulder.”
To make matters worse, Dacoda says most of the abuse occurred while she was pregnant.
Just under two hours after that news broke, Jesse Newell of The Athletic shared the expressed allegations submitted by Jones and her representatives directly from the lawsuit, corroborating the disturbing details referenced through the initial report.
Roughly three hours after TMZ’s report, the Chiefs released the following statement regarding Rice, per Nate Taylor of ESPN.
“The club is aware & remains in communication with the National Football League.”
The filing comes just over a month after the Plaintiff Jones used Instagram to publicly allege the claims from this lawsuit, including graphic photos as evidence. It prompted the NFL to launch an investigation, reported by USA Today at the time.
It is unclear whether Rice’s ex-girlfriend has filed a police report associated with the allegations. Police in Overland Park, Kansas told USA TODAY that they responded to a call at Rice’s home in 2024 but that no abuse report was filed. The Dallas Police Department, where Rice previously lived, told USA TODAY, “It is not our practice to look up individuals by name.”
That won’t stop the NFL from investigating.
In a statement provided to USA TODAY on Jan. 8, an NFL spokesman said, “We have been in contact with the club about the matter which will be reviewed under the league’s personal conduct policy.”
At the time, the organization put out the following statement through Taylor after the accusations went viral.
“The club is aware of the allegations on social media and is in communication with the National Football League,” the Chiefs said in a statement. “We have no further comment at this time.”
That NFL investigation is still active and will likely stay open while this filing goes through the court process. We will keep you updated with the latest information as it is reported.
See More: